Saturday 20 August 2016

My backpacking holiday in Salvador

Sat 3rd
I can't believe it!I'm in an internet café in Rio, 3,500 miles from home, and I've just met Andy,an old school friend from years ago. I didn't know he was here. It's great to see him again and it's good to have  areal companion. We're going sightseeing in Rio this afternoon and we're going to travel to Salvador together. It's  along way, but we've decided not to rent a car. We're going to use local transport and go by bus. I might practise my portuguese with some of the other passengers.
Mon 5th
We're staying in a really nice hotel here. But there's bad news. It's 10.15 a.m. and Andy has already started to annoy me. He never stops talking! He didn't stop talking on the bus all the way from Rio to Salvador... that's nearly twenty-four hours! Oh well... I'm sure it's going to be better. I hope it will.... More later!
Mon 5th
Me again! 3.30p.m. I can't stand it! Andy hasn't stopped talking yet. I now know everything about his friends, his family, even his neighbour's cat! He's just fallen asleep, but it isn't really any better because because now he's satretd snoring! Aggh! 
Tues 6th
12.30 p.m. -I'm exhausted! I didn't get any sleep because of HIM. And I've just spent the whole morning sunbathing on areally idyllic beach listening to Andy complaining about the weather, the food and even the beach! What am I going to do?
Wed 7th
In a café- 20.30 p.m. Now he's started singing to himself. I have to tell him I can't travel with him anymore. It isn't going to be easy, but he's driving me crazy. I'm going to think of a reason for travelling on my own because I really don't want to offend him by telling the truth. I'm not sure what I'm going to say though!

No comments:

Post a Comment